Legend of Lina:
So many things happening all at once. Daylight savings time was a rude awakening. Weezy's freed. Two weekends ago was Pretty Lights @ House of Blues, from which some people are just now starting to recover.
Unfortunately, I can't accurately give any feedback about the light show or anything else about it because honestly you had to be there. And perhaps I wasn't all there. PL is just one of those artists you have to see live. Pretty LIGHTS, yo. I'm going to have to say the buildup & aftermath to PL were almost better than the show itself. Judging by how many of our friends in extended social circles got tickets and when the hype began, I'd say foreplay began in early September. We counted down the weeks and what do you know? It's over and onto the next. Time for some Eoto? Maybe Lotus??
One thing I enjoyed about the whole experience is getting to know more PL. Before buying my tix I had never heard any of Derrick's beats and quickly found out my concert gear was not exactly rave-ready. But despite my lack of exposure, I had a great night- followed by what seemed like endless tolerance & a new perspective on lyfe.
Unfortunately, I can't accurately give any feedback about the light show or anything else about it because honestly you had to be there. And perhaps I wasn't all there. PL is just one of those artists you have to see live. Pretty LIGHTS, yo. I'm going to have to say the buildup & aftermath to PL were almost better than the show itself. Judging by how many of our friends in extended social circles got tickets and when the hype began, I'd say foreplay began in early September. We counted down the weeks and what do you know? It's over and onto the next. Time for some Eoto? Maybe Lotus??
One thing I enjoyed about the whole experience is getting to know more PL. Before buying my tix I had never heard any of Derrick's beats and quickly found out my concert gear was not exactly rave-ready. But despite my lack of exposure, I had a great night- followed by what seemed like endless tolerance & a new perspective on lyfe.
* * * *
Kade's Chronicles:
I’ve never really mastered making an entrance, but hey every dog has his day right? My day came last week at the Pretty Lights concert at House of Blues. Per usual, I was slow on the uptake and completely missed buying tickets for the show because for some reason everyone in Boston heard about it before me. I was pretty bummed and almost resorted to scalping for some ridiculous prices.
However the music gods had other plans for me. My roommate somehow got ahold of a girl who’s brother was DJ-ing at the House of Blues and could get us in for five bucks. We immediately turn to each other and think that we’ve solved the problem brilliantly and that he’s opening for Pretty Lights.
After mooching a free taxi ride over to the venue we meet up with the girls, who in all accounts were absolute strangers. We hand the bouncer five bucks and, hearing the deep bass grooves coming from up ahead, think we are on our way to Pretty Lights. Instead we find ourselves in this weird off-shoot club, above the venue and with no Pretty Lights in sight. The club (Foundations, I later found out) was some members-only location full of Boston elite who could care less what concert bumped below them. The place was a maze of secret rooms and shadily-lit bars, the ultimate location for businessmen to flex their wealth. Needless to say, my roommate and I felt a little out of place, and a little pissed we’d made it so far with no payoff.
Realizing that the girls were expecting something more of us than just conversation and that our t-shirts weren’t exactly up to dress code, we called an emergency bathroom meeting. Classic chick move for sure, but it had to be done. So after wandering in on a couple’s secret rendezvous in one of the back rooms, we locate the bathroom and pick out stalls. We’re discussing our night and how lame it is that we’re so close to the concert and still can’t get in, when the guy next to us turns and says, “You know people down there? You think they’d want to party?” We both turned to each other and realized this guy was the ticket. An over-30 ticket with a creepy soul patch and on the lookout for college girls, but nonetheless a ticket.
Still in shock we follow the guys through the maze and down a hidden staircase. We roll past one bouncer, then another one, making sure to keep our heads down and wristband-less arms hidden, and then suddenly the lights and the amps hit. We’d made it, Pretty Lights was killing it, and we were there. A little unorthodox and questionably risky, our quest was complete. The ends definitely justified the means, and I think we proved just how far we were willing to go to get hit with some good music.
yo where are the tracks at?!
ReplyDelete